Monday, April 9, 2012

Internet Sensation or Whatever

So, this silly little parody that my friends and I whipped up, The Hipster Games, is BLOWING up on the internet. It's been online about a week and it's already been featured in the Huffington Post, New York Magazine, Portlandia's Facebook page, and now TIME MAGAZINE!!! No no, your eyes do not deceive you, I did say TIME MAGAZINE. Who knew?? I guess it does make sense: everyone likes making fun of hipsters, and NO ONE can seem to shut up about the Hunger Games so this little baby snuck in at the perfect time! I just hope we can create a worthy follow up (a Kony 2012 spoof, perhaps?). So, fingers crossed that something good comes out of this for me, vocationally. And of course, if you haven't watched it please be my guest!

Here is a link to the Time Magazine post:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/07/the-hipster-games-we-liked-this-hunger-games-parody-before-it-was-cool/

No comments:

Post a Comment